In our online shop, you can find numerous high-quality foods from certified organic farming, such as our organic hemp seed oil, which can be used for dips, marinades or salad dressings.
In our online shop, you can find numerous high-quality foods from certified organic farming, such as our organic hemp seed oil, which can be used for dips, marinades or salad dressings. An ideal dietary supplement for athletes, health-conscious people and vegans is our Organic Hemp Protein Shake, a protein powder available in a variety of flavors, containing only organic ingredients of the highest quality and natural flavors. Our organic hemp tea has a soothing and calming effect. In the shop, we also offer an organic hemp coffee, which impresses with its intense flavor. The organic hemp seeds are extremely versatile. They are perfect in yoghurt, cereals, salads or simply as a snack on their own.
High-quality hemp foods
Back in the ancient times, hemp seeds were an important staple food, which was used in South and North America, Egypt, Persia, India and China. The so-called hemp nuts were eaten as they were, or processed into butter, oil or flour. Hemp is a particularly nutritious food containing many important vitamins, such as vitamin B and vitamin E. This quality makes hemp foods an ideal choice for people on a vegan or meat-free diet. In particular, hemp seeds contain high levels of vitamin B2, important for muscle, eye and thyroid health.
Important protein source
Furthermore, about 20 percent of hemp seeds is high quality protein, in the form of essential amino acids. These are necessary for the human body to build its own proteins. Very few plants contain a complete amino acid spectrum and valuable proteins in appropriate amounts. Among the amino acids found in hemp are cysteine and methionine, necessary for cell detoxification and enzyme production. In addition, hemp contains so-called branched-chain amino acids, that the body needs for muscle growth. What’s more, almost 60 percent of hemp proteins consist of edestin, an extremely digestible protein. The remaining 40 percent are made up of albumin, with a similar molecular structure to the human albumin protein.
Anti-aging effect due to balanced fatty acid ratio
With the consumption of industrially produced vegetable oils and the excessive intake of dairy and meat products, many people nowadays suffer due to an unfavorable fatty acid ratio. Hemp is the only plant with an optimal omega-3/omega-6 fatty acid ratio, which makes it excellently suitable for an anti-inflammatory diet. Thus, hemp protects for instance the heart and blood vessels, and delays the aging process. Finally, hemp also contains gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), a fatty acid that activates the human metabolism and ensures that fat is rapidly broken down.